Thursday, February 10, 2005

Adventures what are they?

I don't know really, but I think it is something like this; My adventures usually happen in relation to the Internet. Maybe because through it I travel. I get sucked into it, as if I am but a blood-cell being pumped trough the great heart of it. I don't see the Internet as anything then a living organism. Maybe because I have met so many people through it. Many are and will always be virtual. But even through the virtual friendship there is something real about it. Sometimes much more real then the relations I have with people I interact with on daily bases in the not so virtual world. Through the virtual the not so virtual the so called real stuff has happened. Projects happen, people happen, travel happen, things materialise. I think the Internet is a materialisation of the collective consciousness. I think the reason why everything is happening so fast, is because we are connecting much quicker then ever before. I think the Internet has made our world real. It has enabled us to see much further into other countries through the eyes of the real people living there. And thus I love the Internet, it has made my life a living adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very interesting Birgitta what you said about the Internet being an amazing form of interaction, but do you not think that face-to-face conversation is always more rewarding and enjoyable?

Birgitta Jónsdóttir said...

Of course, but the chance to meet those very faces would perhaps never occurred if not for the internet. I have been lucky enough to meet many of the people that i have learned to know via the internet....
but one can have a real friendship beyond the borders of time and space, beyond face to face, projects happens and things get done, never possible if not for the ways of the internet.