Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Cold Turkey & moving houses

I guess the worst thing that can happen to an internet nerd like me is to be without access for a period of time. I moved houses first of June and the telephone company lost me in their system somehow. So I had to thread the hotspot cafe's or visit friends with routers, because everything I do has its sync with the internet. I pay my bill within the online bank, I get resources for my projects online, I use the online dictionary, I use the online telephone book, I communicate with my friends, I am because I use the internet to a great degree. So a week without access is serious cold turkey for me, but at the same time it made time change and gave me the needed space for moving. I have for some mysterious reason chosen furniture and material things that are as heavy as it gets and nearly killed my friends and family, including myself carrying it to the 4th floor. I was very very lucky; because I found a flat to rent that I can have for many years. Usually I move so often that it is hardly worth to unpack. I not only used to move because I was a tenant and that is not an easy situation in Iceland, but I also moved around the world, and that meant I would shed my material skin, and have to start all over again and again. It is a lot of work and thus it was such a wonderful thing to only have to move between houses this time, I can see my old flat from my new windows. Mount Esja is also there, the queen of mountains, ever changing and majestic in a friendly sort of way. I am so ultra happy with this new flat, it has views to all directions, it is bright, has good energy, and is even closer to the things of importance. I think gratitude is a key element to happiness. And dreams do materialise if the intent is clear. Like this flat. I loved the other flat I was renting, it was perfect except for a few minor details, and I always knew I would have to move out of it after 9 months. I didn't really want to move out of it, so I wished for a flat that would be just the same, in the same neighbourhood, plus the things that lacked in the other one, a storage room and new electricity and such. I put an add in the paper and the people that own this flat were the only people that called, but they had the perfect flat, and by pure luck and without any delay we signed contracts the day after I had a look at it. Such nice people, my heart is filled with gratitude....
Yes it is .... and now despite extreme exhaustion, I am jumping around in a chronic joy attack.....
Ready to deal with all those projects I have somehow got myself into.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful "domestic story" --
congrats to you & your flat!
cheers,
d.i.